Hi Jon,
I may have been getting a little overenthused, but was trying to address
multiple forms of contamination: 1)bacteria and fungi,  2)toxic detritus
from same,  3)other environmental pollutants such as outgassing from
building materials, dust, gaseous and microparticular drift from
numerous sources out- or in-doors which are not life forms or the
products or remains of same.

I agree whole heartedly sunlight is an excellent anti-bacterial, ozone
can be a bit tricky since it oxidizes one's lung tissue, UV light can
help, but bacteria are notorious for 'hiding' from UV in water purifiers
by hitching a ride on tiny particles - even colloids - in the water and
I'd suspect they can do so in air.  Of course bleach is not much more
useful against inanimate particles, other than being an oxidizer, than
water.  Kathryn seems to have found significant benefit from using
ammonia, which may nitrify organic pollutants, dunno, new one on me. <g>
Take care,  Malcolm