Kathryn,
I am probably going to horrify some with my recommendation but you can
clean your microwave in your bathtub with tap water. The one thing I am
not sure of is the magnetron which is mounted on the side or top of the
microwave chamber and generates the actual microwaves. It has been
sometime since I tore one of those apart but as I recall they are not
water tight. I would mask off the magnetron with plastic and tape to
keep out water and ammonia. 
I have cleaned a number of TVs and other electronics with tap water with
no problems. Just rinse the cleaning solution off Very Well and Dry
Completely before use.  Water can be trapped in connectors and so check
they are dry inside as well as outside. I find that drying in direct
sunlight for a couple or three days is usually enough if the days are
warm.
Before you open the microwave, let it set for 2 to 3 days unplugged to
discharge the capacitors. BTW, TVs also have a high voltage capacitor on
the versions with a picture tube.
This is what I would do.
 - Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Clayton Family [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 1:46 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: CS>OT: cleaning microwave guts

Dear List,

I am trying to rid my house of airborne toxins. These may have
accumulated in the inner working of the microwave as they did in the
fridge. One way to detoxify these things (according to Dr Croft, a
pathologist) is to spray them down liberally with ammonia solution and
let it dry thoroughly (days, a week or even 2).  So it seems to me that
this would be inherently hazardous where a MW oven is concerned what
with the HV storage capacitor or whatever. I can't think of any good way
to do it.

It may well be healthier to just get a new one. Simpler for certain, but
where is the fun in that?  Maybe there is a cheap one at Menards or
something.

Thanks,  Kathryn


--
The Silver List is a moderated forum for discussing Colloidal Silver.

Instructions for unsubscribing are posted at: http://silverlist.org

To post, address your message to: [email protected]

Address Off-Topic messages to: [email protected]

The Silver List and Off Topic List archives are currently down...

List maintainer: Mike Devour <[email protected]>