Dear Kathryn, Malcolm, and group!

Anybody tempted to do *anything* around the guts of a microwave oven  
needs to take all the cautions about high voltages and keeping yourself 
out of the circuit *VERY* *SERIOUSLY*, as we don't want to lose any of 
you.

Until you know how and why things are dangerous and how to be safe, 
it's best to stay out of line powered equipment altogether.

Back at one place I used to work, there was a fire-sprinkler flood in 
one of the labs full of racks of electronic equipment. Most stuff was 
powered off at the time and breakers protected a lot of the rest, but 
beyond the few things that were damaged, everything was soaked!

They dried it all out by putting batches of instruments through one of 
the medium sized heat treating ovens at something less than boiling 
temperature overnight. Once everything was *thoroughly* dry it powered 
up and functioned again.

I don't know if your microwave is small enough to fit into your regular 
oven, but that'd be one way to make sure it's completely dry inside 
before you try to power it up again.

I've used this trick successfully on cell phones, calculators and 
digital watches that got wet. Just take out the batteries and either 
replace them or dry them out by hand.

Lastly, you may want to read some of the materials on the alleged 
dangers of consuming microwaved foods. We use ours a lot less than we 
used to.

Be well,

Mike D.


> Malcolm,
> True, I may have been lucky but I have also been cautious. I was taught
> the method by a TV repairman who used on every TV he repaired as a
> standard practice. BTW, when I said put it in the tub I should have
> stated that I did not intend it should be a tub filled with water. I was
> thinking of a shower or pouring water over the microwave to rinse.

[Mike Devour, Citizen, Patriot, Libertarian]
[[email protected]                        ]
[Speaking only for myself...               ]


--
The Silver List is a moderated forum for discussing Colloidal Silver.

Instructions for unsubscribing are posted at: http://silverlist.org

To post, address your message to: [email protected]

Address Off-Topic messages to: [email protected]

The Silver List and Off Topic List archives are currently down...

List maintainer: Mike Devour <[email protected]>