Thank you all very much for the great suggestions. I was also wondering how EIS would affect mycotoxins. Not having the equipment, or training, or money to pay the guy who does, I am not sure.

Generally speaking, oxidizers do denature them to some degree, depending on which toxin and which oxidizer. Sunlight and heat do seem to work, even on the worst ones, but it takes forever- like 5 years or so in the desert. Bleach does work on some things, to some degree. I used bleach on my basement and everything in it, but then all the porous surfaces had to be sealed before I was ok with it. Now I have heard of ammonia, and I have shown to my own satisfaction that that works. Also ozone works if it is intense enough. The benefit to that one is that it goes everywhere the air goes.

Now none of these works at all if there is still an active mold colony around somewhere. I have found that if none of my cleaning techniques are working and I am still reacting, it is usually because there is some active mold growing that has not been removed. The steps I have found that work are:

1. find and remove all mold.
2. clean everything with a mild bleach solution or ammonia.
3. repair surfaces, and seal.

It sounds pretty simple, but can get complicated in a hurry from not thinking about all the surfaces that need attention. Not to mention that all the cleaning etc is pretty bad for me too, so I can only do so much at a time, and only on sunny days when the windows can be open.

Thanks again,

Kathryn

On Sep 15, 2008, at 12:04 AM, Jonathan B. Britten wrote:

Just curious, and not quibbling, but given that this group is devoted to EIS, why not use that? Might it not be less oxidative?

Taking things one step further: mightn't sunlight do the job? If one can spray something onto the components, sunlight might also reach them. I have read that 48 hours of sunlight on PET-bottled water renders it fit to drink -- the poor man's last-ditch water purification system.


On Saturday, Sep 13, 2008, at 00:05 Asia/Tokyo, Norton, Steve wrote:

 Kathryn,
You should consider Malcolms suggestion about using bleach. It is a great disinfectant and does dissipate leaving no residue. It generally isn't used for electronics because it is an oxidant and can corrode metals but if you dry the microwave in a reasonable time it should be no problem. One approach might be to:



--
The Silver List is a moderated forum for discussing Colloidal Silver.

Instructions for unsubscribing are posted at: http://silverlist.org

To post, address your message to: [email protected]

Address Off-Topic messages to: [email protected]

The Silver List and Off Topic List archives are currently down...

List maintainer: Mike Devour <[email protected]>