The microwave that I have, which I am considering using for CS, has a
resistance associated with it to discharge the capacitor.  Not sure how
long it takes.  The TV will hold a charge for a long time.

Dan
 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Norton, Steve [mailto:[email protected]] 
> Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 4:23 PM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: RE: CS>OT: cleaning microwave guts
> 
> Kathryn,
> I am probably going to horrify some with my recommendation 
> but you can clean your microwave in your bathtub with tap 
> water. The one thing I am not sure of is the magnetron which 
> is mounted on the side or top of the microwave chamber and 
> generates the actual microwaves. It has been sometime since I 
> tore one of those apart but as I recall they are not water 
> tight. I would mask off the magnetron with plastic and tape 
> to keep out water and ammonia. 
> I have cleaned a number of TVs and other electronics with tap 
> water with no problems. Just rinse the cleaning solution off 
> Very Well and Dry Completely before use.  Water can be 
> trapped in connectors and so check they are dry inside as 
> well as outside. I find that drying in direct sunlight for a 
> couple or three days is usually enough if the days are warm.
> Before you open the microwave, let it set for 2 to 3 days 
> unplugged to discharge the capacitors. BTW, TVs also have a 
> high voltage capacitor on the versions with a picture tube.
> This is what I would do.
>  - Steve


--
The Silver List is a moderated forum for discussing Colloidal Silver.

Instructions for unsubscribing are posted at: http://silverlist.org

To post, address your message to: [email protected]

Address Off-Topic messages to: [email protected]

The Silver List and Off Topic List archives are currently down...

List maintainer: Mike Devour <[email protected]>