Morning Kathryn,

>> At 09:01 AM 10/21/2008, you wrote:

You got my attentions this morning.  <grin>

I am stuck with guessing, at present -- like everyone else here.

>> Some people certainly have been a bit touchy about that, but this is not supposed to be an emotional issue -- it's a simple
you are doing, or as they say, "parameters of error fall within plus or minus X percent" . If X percent is low, it is not much of a guess, if it is high, then whoa, look out. Might as well throw mud at the wall.

  OK.........

   The new Formula will tell us..........

   The percent Guessing
   The percent Facts
   The percent Theory
   The percent Accuracy in everything we do

Finally, ............

   It would tell us

   What percent Idiot we are
   What percent Genius we are

What would you pay for that ?

We would become so engrossed in this we would all forget
how to make CS !

I have always said,  It you can do it with a pencil and pad,
I can write a program to do it.

Of course Marshall can too, as well as many others.

Once I became so tired of doing ppm calculations, I wrote a program to do it.
Then I wrote one, "Backwards ppm Calculations".
Can't remember why I did that and what all it did.

As I have said, "People Worry too much".   Me included.

Never even been concerned about the ppm of my CS.

When it kills wasps, bees, snakes, alligators, and little critters,
what else could  I want ?

Wayne
Modern Thinking  Primitive Logic