Hi,
When I worked as a machinist's apprentice everyone in the shop knew that
getting cut by a copper chip would make a wound that was harder to heal
than similar wounds from other metals like stainless or iron, though
stainless was also suspect.  I also got to find this out for myself.
Take care,  Malcolm