On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 09:01:13 -0500
Clayton Family <clay...@skypoint.com> wrote:

> The question is, do you calculate the ppm? You don't have to guess
> much, and if you prefer, you can do the calculations for error
> resolution too, then you know exactly how much guessing you are
> doing, or as they say, "parameters of error fall within plus or minus
> X percent"  . If X percent is low, it is not much of a guess, if it
> is high, then whoa, look out. Might as well throw mud at the wall.
>
> Faradays Law describes the electrolysis very well. Distilled water
> for laboratory use is the good enough for labs, so it is by
> definition good enough for us. I do not take that for granted, I
> check the conductivity of the water first anyway. Distilled water for
> lab use should have nothing else in it except water, and it should
> not conduct any electricity, so the EC reading should be zero. Mine
> usually is not zero, but very close, within a few parts per billion.
> After it sits for a while, the EC reading climbs a little, as the
> distilled water absorbs some gases from the air. It is a very
> sensitive measurement for my type of purpose.
>
> My own experiments show that for me, consistently, the amount of
> silver deposited in the water during electrolysis as calculated by
> Faraday's Law is the same as the EC reading taken immediately in the
> water as it is working.
>
> All the hard science I learned is based on first observation, then
> explored via calculations and experimentation. We are all of us here
> doing our own science that is as good or better than most of what
> passes in the medical field, what with all the abuses that occur
> there.
>
> I am glad to hear that you are feeling benefit from your experiments.
>
> Best Wishes,
>
> Kathryn

Hi Kathryn and Hi list,

I do not have faith that one can either guess or calculate PPM
with any degree of accuracy. There are just too many unknowns.
I notice a lot of people (not you, AFAIK) have made a lot of assumptions
about me due to my skepticism regarding acceptance of certain ideas. I
believe there has been an "oh yeah, well what's *your* answer, smarty
pants!" type of reaction. :) But I really do not claim to have those
answers yet, nor do I feel that having them is a prerequisite for
pointing out others do not have them when they (no doubt inadvertently)
falsely claim they do.

My "indicator" at this time is not scientific at all, frankly -- I go
by whether or not I feel better, what it tastes like, and how much CS
does it take to keep my symptoms at bay. For instance, I believe that
my most recent batch is weak, because I have to drink at least four
ounces twice per day to keep my symptoms from reappearing (a "normal"
batch will do that with four ounces once per day). This is not a bit
scientific, of course (all sorts of things could affect the dose
required), but then my primary goal *is* to get better, with being able
to explain precisely "what the medicine is" running a distant, but still
important, second.

The fall and winter is my economic lean time, but in the spring I hope
to begin accumulating equipment and chemicals so that I can do more
proper testing. I am not remotely qualified, mind you, but my plan is
to at least have a shot at reaching some meaningful numbers. Obviously,
an atomic absorption spectrometer is beyond my means, but there are
some simpler methods for getting decent numbers (not as simple as an EC
meter and laser pointer though). Also, if certain business arrangements
go well (which is not at all "in the bag" yet) I may gain access to some
funding for equipment by spring. And if all else fails, I should at
least have money for sending samples out to an established lab.

Meantime, I do not want to get caught up in data which is unlikely to
be accurate (and if that makes me "arrogant", as at least one person
here has claimed, oh well...mark me with a big "A" then).

There are degrees of accuracy, of course, with "absolute" being
unavailable (and Ode has pointed this out before). However, my "close
enough" standard requires at least accounting for all elements present
as a base. Otherwise, we wind up with more questions than answers,
don't you agree?
One rather obvious example is that many people have been shocked to
learn the types of indoor pollutants their homes contain -- how can we
be sure there is nothing but "pure air" in the environment in which we
operate? From carpets, upholstery, and wall coverings that release
various gasses, to radon pollution, it's a huge question mark whenever
we do work like this in the home. When you unseal a container at home,
what are you exposing it to? And what is the effect?
And then we supply electrical current, which is an excellent catalyst,
LOL... Okay, I'll admit I'm a bit neurotic, but I'm also quite right
about this.

I just want to know what *is* in that solution. Otherwise, what
good is an EC meter reading? Until I can determine that, I just don't
see much value in either guessing or calculating PPM, because the
question "PPM of what?" has not been answered. This is not to say that
I think anyone is making an inferior solution, merely that I want to
know more.

BTW, you sound knowledgeable enough to already have seen this, but
in case you haven't, Frank Key and George Maas have some very good info
on analysis in a pdf available here:

http://www.silver-colloids.com/Papers/CSProperties.PDF

No worries about the arcing -- that bit isn't very hard.
:)

Thanks,
indi