I was watching a video once that said that if bitten by a poisonous snake, they
could shock the spot quickly, possibly 5-10 minutes they could change the
poison in the bite to a normal protein the body could deal with and eliminate.
I think they were using a strong shock like from a car battery in the
emergency.  It's been a long time since I saw the video so my memory might not
be accurate.

Dianne