What if it's been a week since the bite occurred, and one is still weak and
in some pain -- will the jolt still be helpful?
I was bitten by something last Friday, and went through quite a bit of pain
and illness since then. It seems to be getting much better now, currently I
have an icky looking black circle almost an inch in diameter, surrounded by
a concentric red circle of about three inces in diameter on my left inner
thigh. I thought it was a mosquito bite at first, due to intense itching.
But then it became hellishly painful, caused my whole leg to swell, and I
got very ill for a few days.

I used a lot of tea tree oil on it, which seemed to help, and also drank a lot
of CS. Day three I made a godzilla device with a 6V lantern battery and have
zapped it for 20 minutes at a time several times a day since, also used hot
compresses of epsom salt water. All that seems to have helped a bit.

Yesterday I took a nice long walk around the lake, thinking exercise would be a
good idea, but it seems today it's a bit worse for doing that.
BTW, I'm not convinced it's a BR bite, as I do have a history of being
allergic to many kinds of bugs that don't seem to affect other people.
But this one's been pretty bad...

I'm definitely recovering, but it's taking too darn long!

TIA,
--
indi