  From: Shirley Reed
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Friday, July 03, 2009 9:19 PM
  Subject: CS>Vit. D 3 'hype'

     About 50 years ago mention was made in some weekly reader or something
about how research on Vit. D was sparse.  Yet, what had been learned indicated
that this nutrient just might be extremely important in many ways.  However,
its un-patentability made greater research unlikely or at least very slow.
Since then I have been on the lookout for more info on Vit. D.  Only since
computers became easily accessible have I been able to get much more
information.  Now there is tons of info and it nearly all points to a really
great need for more of this nutrient for nearly everyone.  It seems it may
actually be some sort of master nutrient.  There is much to be learned, but the
site www.vitamindcouncil.com will be very enlightening.  What is going on is
that information that could once be suppressed for the money interests of the
few, can now be publicized far and wide by computers.  And it is being
publicized.  Similar to the information about the connection between iodine
deficiency and cancer, along with loads of other easily preventable poor health
conditions.  My opinion--considered and informed.  Not medical advice.    pj