From: Malcolm
Date: 04/07/2009 21:27:09
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Vit. D 3 'hype'

This has been discussed in the recent past, and if my memory serves me
(always wonder about that):

1) The oil soluble vitamins are not 'washed out' by water like C and B's
are; so they remain stored and can achieve toxic levels.  My personal
experience has been that A and E (D-alpha tocopherol) taken to excess
(my excess) make me feel like I did the wrong thing, ucky.  So far vit D
hasn't given me this reaction @ 2,000 IU per day for a coupla weeks
plus.

2)Vit D is made by exposure of cholesterols, in our skin, to sun, or
certain energy levels of light but the formation takes place under a few
layers of the epidermis, and thus doesn't wash off under normal bathing
any more than the cholesterols do.  I dunno what sunscreens do to or for
it.

<<faint_grain.jpg>>