Here is an article on Lysine for Herpes (Shingles) and a re-post of a
comment by Brooks Bradley.  This should help greatly.

I have also found that a Hulda Clark type zapper is effective for
shingles.  If there are any hardened areas or sores, you can soften
them with Castor oil and then the other modalities will be more
effective.

Dan

LYSINE HAS A SUPPRESSANT AFFECT ON BOTH TYPES OF HERPES SIMPLEX

Lysine has a suppressant affect on both types of Herpes Simplex (Type
1 & Type 2). It also is effective with Herpes Zoster (Shingles),
canker sores, measles and chicken pox, which are viral cousins.

In addition to taking 1,000 mg, 3xday of Lysine, it is essential to
avoid the foods that contain the amino acid that promotes the Herpes
virus and its cousins, which is called Arginine.

The two foods with the highest levels of Arginine are chocolate and
peanuts, followed by the rest of the nuts, then beans, seeds and
grains. Until the Herpes sores are gone, one should avoid these food
items. In an especially virulent case of Herpes, as much as 10,000 mg
of lysine may be needed to conquer it.

The foods that are highest in Lysine are meats (including eggs and
fish), dairy products and nutritional (brewers) yeast. Fruits and
vegetables contain almost no amino acids, so are safe to eat.

Colloidal Silver in generous quantities is also effective against the
Herpes virus.

Info from:
Herpes Can be Prevented, by Nicholas Sampsidis, M.S.
Published by Advances in Preventive Health,
Sunflower Publishing Co., Glen Head, NY

>From the SilverList:

> I got a cold sore on my lip three days ago. I've been putting CS
> and DMSO on it few time a day for three days and... nothing, still
> swollen like I got hit by a heavy weight boxer. I must admit that
> the itching symptoms were not there since I started the application
> but it's still not going away...?

Dear List Member,

The clear blisters occurring on the lips are, nearly always, herpes
simplex, a virus that has demonstrated to be susceptible to Colloidal
Silver.  However, as some outbreaks present a "streaming effect" on
occasion, the driving systemic insult may continue to produce a
constant replenishment of the challenging materials.  There are
several protocols which might offer a rapid favorable response.

However, we have found that the inclusion of Lysine becomes the key
ingredient.  One such protocol involves nothing more than obtaining
Lysine salve/ointment from your local pharmacy and applying it,
liberally, over the entire lip surface especially the point of
presentation.

Additionally, for quick systemic support, ingesting 1000 mg of lysine
powder twice daily has effected quite rapid response, in those
experimental cases where it was employed.

As a general condition, lysine ointment alone has given (at least for
us, in our experimental researches) very acceptable address to
conditions such as you outline.

Sincerely, B. B.