Kathy,

the same thing happened to me over a year ago.  The doc wanted me to  take
Boniva but I wasn't keen on that so he did a  _25-hydroxyvitamin  D test_
(http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/reference/glossary-#.shtml#hydtest)  and found
mine to be alarmingly low (8).  He started  me on Vit d3.
I have had that retested a couple times to make  sure it was moving up,
which it has.  I do take calcium along with  it.  I need to have the bone
density test redone.  I will say my back  feels MUCH better than when the Dr.
first discovered the  problem.  Edith

In a message dated 6/17/2010 9:12:30 A.M. Central Daylight Time,