In Mike's case, you could see the tissue continuing to burn from the scorched flesh, literally see the burn progressing in the deep flesh. No way in his case would we have put him near anything warm. For a lesser burn, perhaps. But not for a severe one. It took the ice water immersion to stop the progression. Sara
 I also would try to keep the
burn near the heat and would not pour cold water on it (IF I had no remedy
or CS is what I would do to lessen the blistering and pain, it is an old
wise cooks remedy for burns. Like heals like sort of thing.