Oh, I think I see.  I would have thought that if one meter which has resolution
increments of '.1' shows a reading *higher* than '1.', then the meter which
reads in increments of 1 would display 1 instead of 000 when the first meter
registers higher than 1 initially?  If that's your "...water which is 0.4..."
thing then I'll have to do some reading up.

Example:  My records show the Com100uS reading has to exceed 2.6 before the
ComTDS3 reading moves from 000 to 001ppm.

As most meters are set up or calibrated taking a water temperature compensating
factor into account, would this also have a bearing on the apparant different
readings from one manufacturers meter to another?  Meaning, not only the
calibration fluid used, but also the built in temperature compensation may have
an influence on the reading of a uS meter compared to a ppm or TDS meter as
stated above?

Example:  My records show the ComTDS3 *always* shows a higher water temperature
of DW straight from the bottle anywhere between 1 to 1.8 degrees compared to
the Com100uS meter, is the aforesaid an explanation for that?

Curiously, after EIS/CS production that temperature difference in the majority
of cases seems to reduce after the solution has been in storage for a while,
like down to 1 degree or lower, I find it rather strange that it doesn't remain
the same difference as it was straight from the bottle.

N.