Thanks very much for that Marshall, much appreciated.

On re-reading my comments I did notice two oversights on my part, I forgot
about the accuracy % factor in meters, and I overlooked the stupidly simple uS
and TDS equivalent or conversion, sorry about that.  My constant oversights of
the simple and obvious are quite frustrating at times.

A final comment if you will, as your closing comment was significant to a
thought which has been rattling around in my head for some time...endothermics.

I've considered for some time that the action of ions colliding in an aqueous
solution must generate some form of energy as they break through that energy
barrier or Nernst or double layer surrounding the ion, and the result of those
impacts could only generate one form of energy...heat.  It would not be the
actual impact of those ions or particles necessarily which generates energy as
positive and negative simply attract as a natural law of unlike poles
attracting, but rather it would be the friction created via the *breaking
through of that energy barrier* which surrounds the ion.  Would that assumption
be correct?

N.