MaryAnn Helland wrote:
Dan -- what is a "lense"?
MA
MaryAnn,
Dan was referring to an earlier post of mine where I mentioned my concern about using DMSO because of my implanted replacement eye lenses (cataract surgery). DMSO dissolves acrylics and my implanted lenses are acrylic.......and I've been unsuccessful in getting a definitive answer about whether DMSO can get through body tissues to the lenses in sufficient concentration to damage them. The risk may be vanishingly small, but any risk of having to have the cataract surgery re-done is a huge concern to me. I'm still not sure I did the right thing to have it in the first place. And had I realized or considered I would not be able to use DMSO following the surgery, I probably would have waited MUCH longer, much, much longer.
sol