I have been using DMSO for a few months now and.. I had cataract
surgery some 15 yrs ago.  I have used DMSO on my trunk, arms, legs,
etc (I have arthritis). And, I drink about a tsp or so per day.  I
haven't noticed any changes to my eyesight.  I also have an breast
implant and had the same concerns for that that you have for your lens
but so far, so good.   This is not to necessarily give a stamp of
approval to using DMSO but, if my experience is any encouragement, you
might feel better about using DMSO sparingly but maybe not around the
head or eyes.  Lola