I was given a little card for each eye that states that I have implanted lenses and also gives details of the size of lens, the mfr, and says what model they are, even the power of the lenses, and each one has a serial number. Maybe this is just something other eye surgeons don't bother with, but I assumed this kind of card has always been given to everyone who has ever undergone cataract surgery........I carry my cards in my purse with the card about my dental implant.
sol

phoenix23002 tds.net wrote:
To be honest, I have no clue what substance my lens were made out of.
The surgeries were done in  1998/1999   so....  whatever was prevalent
back then is what was used.  The surgeries were done at a top eye
surgical facility in Richmond, Va.  so they would have used the
material that was commonly available back then, I assume.  I couldn't
find a definitive answer.   Lola