To be honest, I have no clue what substance my lens were made out of.
The surgeries were done in  1998/1999   so....  whatever was prevalent
back then is what was used.  The surgeries were done at a top eye
surgical facility in Richmond, Va.  so they would have used the
material that was commonly available back then, I assume.  I couldn't
find a definitive answer.   Lola