      From: "phoenix23...@tds.net" <phoenix23...@tds.net>
 To: silver-list@eskimo.com
 Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 7:22 PM
 Subject: Re: CS>Non Stick Cookware

Hi, Gail...  when you are seasoning the skillet, the low temp (200 - 250)
doesn't seem to
generate enough heat to make the Crisco smoke or, at least, that has been my
experience.
The skillet will be absorbing the oil/grease etc and you really don't want a
smoky flavor
imparted to the skillet.  You don't want the skillet to be 'dry' but you don't
want the
oil/grease to be in puddles either. You don't want to use an oil or grease that
has a
low smoke point regardless.

Lola