Ode, does this mean we are better off letting our silver puppy turn off automatically and not switching to SWAP mode for higher ppm's. I usually run for an extra hour or -until I reach 20 ppm- on SWAP. If I understand your answer correctly, I am contaminating my silver by doing this. I always use distilled water. Some qualities are better than others.. Right now Sprout's has the best in my area..or last time I checked it.