Malcolm Stebbins wrote:

> Hi, I don't go along with your comment that an acidic environment in the
> urinary
> tract is linked to bladder or kidney stones, in fact I think it's just the
> opposite.

It is not really an acid environment in the urinary tract, but if the body is
acid,
or you eat too much acid ash food, such as sodas. The only way the body has to
neutralize the acid is to strip calcium from the bones, and then that goes out
via
the kidneys.  Too much calcium in the urine can produce stones.  If your body is
alkaline without having to strip the calcium, then very little will be in the
urine.  So you are right that calcium is more easily dissolved by acid.  More
acid
means more dissolved calcium.  More dissolved calcium means more likelihood of
forming stones.

Marshall