From: Sally Khanna [mailto:khann...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 12:11 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: ***Possible Spam*** RE: CS>Gatorade (homemade) and CS results

Hi Ed,

Nice to hear from you!  Sorry about the FDA, what can I say, they are
legalized Gestapo in many cases.  They are trying to do the same with
the Ayurvedic herbs, going after them with a vengance.  Why??? Because
they WORK, for one.  The medical establishment resists any threat unless
they can gain control over it somehow.

This is scarey, it behooves us to be very vigilant. :o)

Sally

Ed Kasper <edkas...@pacbell.net> wrote:

Hi Sally, small world.
When I first began growing and using the kombucha mushrooms people said
not to mix CS with kombucha as the CS will kill it. Which it does. Then
you read books on kombucha -like Günther Franks and they say to add
alcohol to the pressed extract of the kombucha mushrooms ! And claim
that it still has all the medicinal benefits !  Most of the commercial
vendors of kombucha extract add alcohol to their products and a great
many people claim health benefits. My preference is to keep the kombucha
a live food but if one wanted the benefits that alcohol provide
(stopping the fermentation and no unsightly mess in the bottle) than one
should add CS instead of alcohol. One would then gain the benefits of
both.

I thought about selling my kombucha extract with CS. BUT the FDA has
already cited my site in regards to CS where I stated that CS may be
applied topically. The FDA insisted that when one offers CS as a mineral
supplement it MUST BE taken internally. So I was obliged to comply and
changed wordings and suggestions. I used to tell people to use CS
topically and to follow up with a laser pointing pen (red LED) for
disorders on the skin and a lot of people reported really great success
on tough cases.
BTW, kombucha (well aged) works very well on the skin as well and
another good along with CS.  Presently I still have the links on my site
to join this list, but the FDA also stated that where I sell  products
(FDA specific stated CS and Ginseng in my case) and even though I do not
make any medicinal claims yet have links to other sites that do, then
the FDA considers that link as part of my label...and therefore I was
making the medical claim.

Ed Kasper L.Ac., Acupuncturist & Medicinal Herbalist
http://HappyHerbalist.com <http://happyherbalist.com/>
e...@happyherbalist.com