I'm not (quite) an idiot either, but I made a homemade generator also. It taught me a lot, but I hated all the wires everywhere, alligator clips, and the tubes and wire for the fish bubbler....plus more wires and clips to clip in the multimeter. It was just too fiddly and cumbersome for me to want to actually use it, but I did learn. Hook in a small multimeter and watch the current change as a batch processes, was really interesting. It gave me an idea of how variable things can be. And it can give a more accurate stopping place than timing. I could have put in a current limiter, but I already had my silverpuppy, can't remember if I already also had my SG-6 or not. I also fiddled around with using a very long U shape anode and a short straight cathode. I would never use it unless I needed to hook it up to batteries, but it was interesting, and fun, and I got a much better grasp of what the process of making CS is like.

I had endless trouble making clear CS with my silverpuppy at first. Ken helped me a lot, but eventually I found out it was the *first* thing he told me when I had trouble--"it's the water". He was endlessly patient with me, supplying ideas and things to try, while I worked through every other possibility before coming round to accept it was the water. Once I got my own distiller so I could control the purity of my DW it has been easy to make perfectly clear CS repeatably. Commercial DW isn't pure enough. I understand it is fine for most people in most areas of the country, but not for me.
sol

Carol Ann wrote:

I guess as a home made CS generator maker, I am looking for proof that I am NOT an idiot. That with a better understanding of the process, I can make good if not great CS.

d4...@valornet.com wrote:

    I recommend the Silverpuppy. It's idiot proof, makes great colloidal
    silver and is very affordable.

Carol Ann
The Pessimist complains about the Wind;
The Optimist expects it to change;
The Realist adjusts the Sails.   - The world needs more sailors.

Yahoo! Photos
Got holiday prints? See all the ways <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/holidayprints/*http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/photos/evt=38089/*http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//print_splash> to get quality prints in your hands ASAP.

Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain