I have wondered about flaxseed oil. Have had increased digestive tract very strong irritation lately. Thought less of the lignans might help. Lignans are just the particles of the seed, itself. Also , am not sure if using a weak solution of H202 could be contributing to increased irritation. Really quite pronounced. Why doesn't flax oil reduce the inflammation as well as the epa and DHA. Also what are the latter two? Of what do they consist? Thanks, Ruth

From Ruth Strackbein

From: sol <sol...@sweetwaterhsa.com>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>flaxseed oil ?  was, Re: CS>CS & Crohn's Disease?
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 09:36:05 -0600

What is wrong with flaxseed oil? I used to take both flaxseed and evening primrose oil, but looking at the primrose, it is mainly omega 6 with a little omega 9, so I can see not using that, but flaxseed is mainly omega 3 with some 6 and 9, according to the label on what I am using.

Reason I'm asking is being allergic to iodine, I can't take fish oil. (Also no seafood, no ocean fish, no sea salt or complete mineral supplements, no kelp, obviously, etc). I did purchase some molecularly distilled fish oil, as I was told that would not contain iodine, but I've been too scared to take it. The consequences of me getting too much iodine are not fun, and often require use of cortisone/prednisone to get stopped. Somehow, having to use steroids seems to me worse than not getting enough omega 3, particularly as I already have some osteoporosis and a lot of osteopenia. I'm not sure how to deal with this.
sol

Duncan Crow wrote:

Reducing inflammatory omega-6 oils and increasing EPA and DHA (not flax oil) reduces this kind of inflammation.