Inserted comments [comments 08-29] below:
--

On Thursday 28 Aug 2003 8:24 pm, William wrote:
> It is the reverse of a sales tax
> except it is not charged against tax collections
but
> is charged against the National Credit Account.
-------------------
Jessop here:- The National Credit Account could
simply pay an amount over to Revenue to replace the
loss in Sales Tax or VAT. This entirely avoids
setting up a separate delivery system for the Just
Price procedure.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
--------------------
[comments 08-29]  There is no *loss* in sales tax or
vat--they are entirely separate programs that
shouldn't be co-mingled.  The purpose of the National
Credit Account is not to post credits to government
but to post credits directly to consumers boosting
effective demand for the products of industry which
allows industry to recover the costs of production in
free markets.
--

William also wrote:-
> ***>There are other systems that could be used to
> distribute the National Dividend.<***

> In broad concept there are not--meaning the
discount
> and dividend.
--------------------------
Jessop here:-
I have in mind the South African setup where the
entire land is delimitated in Municipalities, urban
and rural. Municipalities collect rates and service
charges from all owner- or occupier-entities. I had
in mind that the municipal account could also serve
as a vehicle for delivery of a National Dividend
simply as a credit entry on the account. The
municipal system, though already in operation, is
still under development. Is my suggestion feasible?
* * * * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * **
--------------------
[comments 08-29]  The programs shouldn't be co-
mingled.  What's to prevent the rates and service
charges from being simply increased thereby short
circuiting the credits away from consumers to the
benefit of bureaucrats?  You've got to have checks
and balances and you do that by having separate
constituencies for the various programs who will
separately fight to defend the programs that benefit
themselves individually.  Consumers as consumers are
a constituency that should receive the credits
directly because the purpose of the program is to
boost spending by consumers not government.
--

William also wrote:-
> Little of it
> seems to "trickle" down to the people.  Rolls and
> skyscrapers, and mud streets in the hicks.  I would
> much rather see government required to justify
> taxation to fund its projects.
---------------------------

Jessop here:-
I know, and I hate that. Corruption and grasping of
politicians and officials is a curse. But I think
that what I have outlined would circumvent that a
little, at least no less than any other means of
Social Credit delivery.
 * * * * * * ** * * ** * * * * * *

Thanks, Bill, for your contribution.

Jessop
[comments 08-29]  Which is why it is not social
credit if it goes directly to government.  It should
go to the people and let government try to tax the
people.  If it goes directly to government then
government doesn't have to ask permission of the
people to spend it (which the people will grant if
the request is reasonable).  We are trying to achieve
economic democracy not benevolent dictatorship.