On 12/07/11 16:51, Soren Kristensen wrote:
> So can anybody report stability issues with the net5501 on other
> operating systems than Linux, not resolved in software ?

Yes, I've had strange stability issues with mine and FreeBSD 8.2.
Random hangs and watchdog reboots.

I used to use it as a network switch together with your 4 port PCI LAN
card (the old one), and FreeBSD's software bridge, but I've since
ditched that in favour of an HP switch.  Now it mostly routes traffic,
and sees much less traffic as a result, so it's anyone's guess as to the
problem being software or hardware related.

I tried about three PSUs at the time, and they didn't help.

I'm well aware of how difficult bugs like these are to trace, so I never
made much of a fuss about it.  I also needed more switch ports anyway. :)

Regards,
Aragon