On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 00:42:56 +0100
"Dennis S. Jørgensen" <d...@x.dtu.dk> wrote:

> On 2011-12-07 19:49, Attila Kinali wrote:
>
> > When running an WLAN card atheros AR9220 in my case, the system will
> > crash from time to time when the WLAN card is in use.
>
> Under what kind of pressure/how often?

The system sitting idle is enough, it just takes longer (1-3 days).
I dont even have to be home and do something. Ie the wlan does not
have to be in active use, just being switched on is enough.

> I had horrible stability with an ath9k based card in the miniPCI slot
> under Linux 2.6.32*, but I decided to test it again due to this topic
> coming up. It has passed 6 days of uptime with no issues now, where it
> would die within minutes under 2.6.32 and similar usage.

Could be, that having a 700MHz CPU plus a harddisk in it makes the
difference. What CPU do you have and what other components do you
have installed?

> This is running Linux 3.1.0-1-486 (stock Debian testing).

Hmm.. I'll try to upgrade to 3.1 over the holidays and see whether that works.

                        Attila Kinali

                -- Tirin, The Dispossessed, U. Le Guin