This is not a crash per se, but is still a stability issue:

<http://lists.soekris.com/pipermail/soekris-tech/2011-May/017360.html>

In summary, seems to be that with some SSDs that should be of reasonably
good quality, on cold boot the BIOS gives up before the SSD is fully
operational.  On warm boot there is never a problem.  However, because
I need these machines to come alive without human intervention even in
the extended power blackout scenario, it's caused me to rip out multiple
SSDs and replace them with CF cards (where, at least in some cases,
I could really use the extra capacity available on the SSDs).

Devin