On 2011-12-11 01:54, Nicholas Esborn wrote:
> I was able to boot FreeBSD/amd64 9.0-RC3 just now. The key was to
> enable mptable and atpic support in the kernel. device atpic #
> Optional legacy pic support device mptable # Optional MPSPEC mptable
> support I also removed "device acpi", but that may not have been
> necessary. -nick

This is excellent news.

Based on your input and what I had found earlier, I made a couple of
FreeBSD 9.0-RC3 kernels to play with the options, and I found that
"device mptable" is needed for the FreeBSD/amd64 kernel to boot on the
net6501.

Anyway, it's good to know that we'll be able to build and use 64-bit
kernels... but I doubt we can get "device mptable" enabled in GENERIC at
this late stage of the 9.0 release cycle (we are at RC3).

Cheers,

Denis, for...@acm.org

PS. Now onwards to find out why my USB 3.0 PCIe card is not working as
expected.