Oh, and another request I forgot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnhxPMAXiVY&hd=1

This ties in with #3.

From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Williams, Wayne
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2012 9:07 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: RE: Intro to the new team (was RE: Softimage development)

Stefan,
You predominantly use the product the majority of the Softimage dev team just
switched over to developing for so not quite sure what you’re going on about ☺
I’m working in games at this point so am very, very excited to see what the
Singapore team brings to the table. If you guys are taking requests Chun Pong
I’d personally love to see:

1.       http://xoliulshader.com/   Something akin to the Xouli shader that is
available to the max crowd. It’s easy to use and get great results.

2.       http://www.8monkeylabs.com/toolbag  An easy to set up lighting system
as found in Marmoset.

3.       Better baking functionality than what ultimapper provides. i.e. Cages,
baking FG, etc.

4.       Tighter export functionality with Cryengine/UDK/Unity. (not sure if
this is on autodesk dev side or something the engine makers have to sort
themselves)

5.       Fix the obj exporter. That thing is broke as hell. The file sizes it
exports are way bigger than the same object coming from max and you can’t get
your user normals out with your uv’s unless you do some workaround dragging
things about in the explorer view.

6.       A more streamlined methodology for creating hair/wig alpha cards.
This is just off the top of my head. It shouldn’t have to be like jumping
through flaming hoops while doused in gasoline when I try to view a real time
asset in Softimage or get those things to a game engine but that’s what it
feels like right now. Please, extinguish my pain!

As for the Soft guys and gals that are leaving, you will surely be missed. A
heartfelt thanks for all the years of your life you dedicated towards Softimage
and to providing us end users with the help we needed every single day of the
week on this list. Respect.

-wayne