Nicely said, Matt, even though I really doubt Autodesk can understand what you /really/ mean, even in theory.

I have had a Softimage license since Softimage|3D v.3.5 and was always able to run the newest version and /whatever/ older version simultaneously... for example to exchange/port data via copy/paste or the like.

Guess when that did not work any more?

Till now I have not been able to understand what kind of bloody benefit Autodesk might have by not letting me run for example Softimage 2012 _and_ 2014 at the same time on the same machine... even though I paid money for both licenses. Beats me.

It's just sad and pathetic.