You point is still good Sven.

Of course Maya’s Gui is far from getting to the point Xsi is… I profoundly
think that Xsi got the best Gui in all softwares that ever existed.  The new
aqua icons are not a revolution of course. Still good to the eye to paint the
old car with a fresh clear coating. :-)

We’ve had Autodesk at our studio a couple of times and I must admit they we’re
very opened to listen to us softimage users. And they we’re taking good notes.
I think they are doing good efforts to keep Xsi users happy in the transition
while at the same time not frustrate good old Maya users.  It will take time to
blend the two.

About ICE.  Maya is node based all around and I cannot imagine AD to own these
(ICE) pattents and not create the same workflow inside of Maya. With new
operops, and merging all of it’s tools inside of a new unified workflow node
UI. Of course this will take time to make everything talk togheter. But to me,
it should be the priority for AD to implement this.

I barely see any other futur ventures that could bring back Maya as the top
contender in the 3D world. Houdini is pushing hard. And it’s doing just that at
it’s roots.  So if they want to compete in the long term, it really should be
in the oven.  Well I hope so for them.

Does 2016 finally got the node based UI for Bitfrost? Would be a good start. I
was on beta but never got the time to play with it.

We’ll see in a week or two. But so far nothing about this in the videos.

sly

Sylvain Lebeau // SHED
V-P/Visual effects supervisor
1410, RUE STANLEY, 11E ÉTAGE MONTRÉAL (QUÉBEC) H3A 1P8
T 514 849-1555 F 514 849-5025 WWW.SHEDMTL.COM <http://www.shedmtl.com/>
<http://WWW.SHEDMTL.COM <http://www.shedmtl.com/>>

VFX Curriculum 03: Compositing Basics
mail to: s...@shedmtl.com