I'm still using Softimage and i think i would not let it go for a long
time. Playing with Sitoa and now Redshift. Learning maya only for render
stuff, but that's the only use i could find for now.
As far as new software, the only one that's keeping me interested is Modo,
nothing more out there. Maybe the new app Syflex is building could help
some softimagers to transition, the bad thing is that it's aimed as an
animation app, nothing more for now, until it grows a lot and they put a
good simple interface and began to add a few modeling stuff, or
rendering...
Anyway. Softimage it's the only easy non-destructive for now.