Select the mesh that contains the skinned vertices you want to assign,
open the paint skin weights tool panel. Select all vertices you want to
assign to a single joint manually, or right-click on one of the joints
in the tool panel joint list and choose "Select Vertices".
Select the joint you want to assign them to and enter 1.0 for the paint
"Value", then press "Flood". This will assign a weight of 1,0 to all
selected vertices for the joint selected in the weight painter tool
joint list.

Stefan