Hi,

This one slipped my mind….

>From a discussion with Ole during the MAP dhcp last call, there was a
>discussion about the exclusion of provisioning WKPs to CPEs -
>http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/softwires/current/msg06010.html

In previous versions, the lw4o6 used to reference sun-dhc-port-set-option,
which also stated that the WKPs should not be assigned. This advice got lost
when changing to reference map-dhcp for PSID format.

Here’s a wording change proposal to resolve this:

Section 5.1

Original text (last sentence, para 7):

"For lw4o6, the  number of a-bits SHOULD be 0."

Proposed change:

"For lw4o6, the number of a-bits SHOULD be 0 to allocate a single contiguous
port set to each lwB4.

Unless a lwB4 is being allocated a full IPv4 address, it is RECOMMENDED that
PSIDs containing the well-known ports (0-1023) are not allocated to lwB4s.”

Please let me know if you are OK with the proposed change.

cheers,
Ian