On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 18:35, Benjamin A. Shelton wrote:

> The last article I read citing Jupiter research claimed
> per-user spam has been doubling every 42 days.  I'd almost believe it...

This is pure conjecture, but a pleasant thought. Maybe the spammer's
return rate is halving every 42 days and they're trying to compensate.

The best way to fight spam is to keep it out of as many inboxes as
possible. When someone you know whines about spam, give them a solution.
Help people, help spam victims, help it happen! I already installed and
set up spamassassin for 2 local businesses, free of charge, just because
I could, and I'm hosting mail accounts for dozens of friends,
neighbours, family, friends of friends etc etc.

Between us all, we can deny spammers access to a lot of inboxes, we just
need to work at it. Some people are working at it really hard, creating
solutions like spamassassin, razor, dcc, dnsbl's etc, and we appreciate
that work, so let's show our appreciation by working just as hard
spreading the word.

--
Yorkshire Dave, on a mission to save the world :)

Scanned by MailScanner at wot.no-ip.com