> They're anything but clueless. The probably know that some users on this
list
> whitelist anything from lists.sourceforge.net - like me for instance!

I'm sure that's quite true for most spammers but not all.  I had to
terminate someone's account once because they fell for the spam that said,
"If you send 5 bucks to the person who sent you this e-mail for the
software, we will give you a list of 20K addresses."

Needless to say, the individual who fell for that scam wasn't exactly the
sharpest knife in the drawer...  And boy were they upset when I cut their
account.  Thankfully, that was the only abuse of that nature I have had to
deal with (so far) -- so I can't really complain.

~Benjamin