I don't think that's the issue, I think it's the old mentality that
sprinklers=water=damage 


 


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Greg McGahan
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2007 10:13 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Telecom & Data Rooms

How much is the data worth to them though? That may be the problem.

Living Water Fire Protection, LLC
1160 McKenzie Road
Cantonment, FL 32533
850-937-1850
Fax: 850-937-1852


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brian Harris
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2007 9:08 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Telecom & Data Rooms

My situation is a little different though, they don't want any heads in the
Telecom/Data rooms. That's what I have a problem with.


 


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Greg McGahan
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2007 10:01 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Telecom & Data Rooms

I have to disagree. We were asked to quote a pre-action system for a 2 head
room in an investment firm's office one time and I responded much as many of
you have on this issue. The reply was that if there servers got ruined by
water and they had to be replaced they were looking at a cool million
dollars in HARDWARE alone. So spending 10-20 G on a preaction system is not
a big deal to them when they consider the risk, however small, that someone
could break a sprinkler. 

With that said, if it was my million dollars, 20G would seem like a small
price to pay.
Greg

Living Water Fire Protection, LLC
1160 McKenzie Road
Cantonment, FL 32533
850-937-1850
Fax: 850-937-1852


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brian Harris
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2007 8:09 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Telecom & Data Rooms

That's the best compliment I've gotten in quite awhile.... 


 


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2007 9:07 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Telecom & Data Rooms

That's because you're not tHinKing like an Architect.   ;) 


Craig L. Prahl, CET
Fire Protection Group
Mechanical Department
CH2MHILL
Lockwood Greene
1500 International Drive
PO Box 491, Spartanburg, SC  29304-0491
Direct - 864.599.4102
Fax - 864.599.8439
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.lg.com


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brian Harris
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2007 9:01 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Telecom & Data Rooms

IMHO I don't see a Telecom Room squeaking by as an Electrical room either,
at this point the pipe and heads are installed and I have no plans to remove
them.


 


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Chris Cahill
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 4:48 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Telecom & Data Rooms

See IFC 904.2, if you don't sprinkler the room and have an alternate agent
you have an UNSPRINKLERED building.

IFC 903.3.1.1.1 I don't see allows omission.  IFC usually supersedes NFPA 13
exception. Code vs. standard in legal lingo.  AHJ interp.
required to determine if electrical room in NFPA 13 exception is overruled
by IFC 903.3.1.1.  And also as I think you imply is a telecomm room an
electrical room.  I say no and sprinkler the room but like the rest of the
forum have a biased opinion for sprinklering everything. 


Chris 




-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brian Harris
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 8:06 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Telecom & Data Rooms

I'm being told by an Architect we are doing a school with that I need to
remove any heads from the Telecom & Data rooms and that I'm not allowed to
run any pipe above those ceilings either. He is basing it on the provisions
for eliminating heads in and Electrical room with a 2 hour fire wall, am I
missing something? I am not aware of Telecom & Data rooms falling into the
same category as an Electrical room. I have approved plans from the AHJ with
the heads shown in those rooms and omitted from the Electrical rooms. Any
thoughts?
 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

To Unsubscribe, send an email
to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

To Unsubscribe, send an email
to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

To Unsubscribe, send an email
to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

To Unsubscribe, send an email
to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to