For some reason standpipes just baffle me so I have a project that I need
some help on. I have a six story apartment/dorm building with a drive
through (46') going through part of the first and second floor. The riser is
on the first floor on the right side of the drive through. I have a two
stairs going 1st-6th floor on the left and beside drive through, stair going
1st-3rd on right of drive through and stair going 1st-5th at right end.

Looking at NFPA 14

1. Do I need a standpipe at each stair?

2. I plan on using a manual dry pipe. Do I still need to calculate a minimal
flow rate according to 7.10.1 or because it's manual there is no flow rate?

3. Question 2 also applies to pressure.

4. According to 7.3.2 (5) I have to have a connection at highest access to
roof. There is no access to roof. Do I still put a connection on the roof?

5. Do these standpipes have to be connected?

 

Karen Purvis
Designer
Facility Systems Consultants
714 S Gay St
Knoxville, TN 37902
ph.865-246-0164
fax 865-246-1084


_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to