From: sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org
[mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org] On Behalf Of Thom
McMahon
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 8:24 AM
To: sprinklerforum@firesprinkler.org
Subject: RE: Indoor Squash court

While "Institutional Sprinklers" may sound like the best option, I'd
suggest
you read the literature closely.
These heads are "Tamper Resistant" not impact resistant. Because the
element/cover forms the smooth rounded center of the head, this exposes
it
to the impact of the ball.

You may want to take a few of these, mount them on a sheet of plywood
and
hit some squash balls at them. Better yet, hook up a garden hose to them
so
if they start to leak you'll know it.

Institutional heads are designed to inhibit the dismantling of their
assemblies by inmates, for use as "weapons" or other purposes. One of
the
original requirements was to prevent a inmate from being able to hang
themselves from the heads, either by having the element concealed as the
raven has or breakaway at a specific load.

Thom McMahon, SET
Firetech, Inc.
2560 Copper Ridge Dr
P.O. Box 882136