From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org]
On Behalf Of James Crawford
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2016 4:58 PM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: In-Rack Sprinkler Control Valve

I just came from a building where the in-rack sprinklers are connected into
the adjacent roof system.

The building has two roof zones, north and south, the in-racks are in the
north zone but connected into the south zone (no control valve at the
connection point)

I have never ever thought of doing this as it would send two different
signals in the event of a fire, but cannot seem to find anything that says
you can't do this, with the exception of alarm signals.

Any comments on this arrangement?

Thank you

James Crawford

Phaser Fire Protection Ltd.