From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org]
On Behalf Of Travis Mack, SET
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2016 5:51 PM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: Re: Combustible Concealed Space-Area Reduction

I think he is saying that his concealed space is >36" in depth.  If so, then
specially listed are not mandated.

If so, I have always used the QR reduction for 10' ceiling height in those
spaces provided it is a wet system.  I have had some AHJs require I go to
the floor to get my deck height.  So, if you were 14' floor to floor with a
10' ceiling and 24" open web floor trusses, then you could use QR SSU to
protect.  A conservative approach would be to go with 14' for your QR
reduction point.

Travis Mack, SET
MFP Design, LLC
2508 E Lodgepole Drive