This discussion reminds me of another long, long ago in a galaxy far,
far away. (When I worked on "Mainframes" with 32 K or less "core"
memory.)

Discussing the then lopsided world with my non-IBM salesman, in a local
watering hole, after a particularly trying day of dealing with
"management."  The topic was the state of the computer industry at that
time. (And yet today.)

I was complaining of managements' complete lack of ability to see the
superior to IBM technology, (IMHO) and cost effectiveness we had
installed.  That is when I learned of the non bits and bytes "real
world."  My late salesman friend said,  "Fred, don't you understand that
the computer industry is a Marketing industry based on technology, and
not a technology industry?"

Thirty years later nothing could be truer.  No matter how much things
change, they still stay the same...

Fred

Running Windoze XXXX on a "PC".
I know, I know it should be Linux on a Mac.  But I live in the "real
world" today.
I rest my case.