MainSqueeze wrote:
> What I'd like to do is see how far we can take custom-convert (for
> equalization, room correction, or personal preference, to compensate for
> room boundaries when positioning speakers, or even just to add reverb to
> every file played back through LMS if that's what it takes to bring down
> Babylon), then document what we've learned and post that either here or
> in a separate thread.

If I may: user marcoc1712 has made a helper plugin for transcoding,
which basically automates the writing of custom-convert.conf, and which
allows also sending extra commands to sox
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?105309-C-3PO-plugin-a-trnscoding-helper.
Although its use case is different (and it does not allow lossy formats)
there is probably some useful information in his code, in particular
regarding streams.