Motorcycle fuel hose is designed to resist solvents, heat, and
pressure (what pressure for a gravity fed wick burner?).  Yes it is
stiffer, but no heat problems like I had using hobby shop tubing. Yes
it comes in decorator colors and allows you to see the fuel in the
hose to reassure you that alcohol is obeying the rules of gravity. I
suppose my brass shield to improve heat retention around the wicks may
have warmed up the system a bit more, but no problem with clear
colored competition class motorcycle carburetor fuel tubing.  I bought
a foot and have 10" left for my next loco I suppose, because after
three years it has no signs of needing replacement.

~ Gary, scudding over Terror Trestle
http://community.webshots.com/user/raltzenthor 
http://www.angelfire.com/or/trainguy/

What is the best tubing to use for a feedwater
hose from the tender?  No one seems to sell them.
 I tried a silicon hose, but it was a bit too
large for the pump's fittings.  I'm also not sure
if it would pulsate with the pump instead of
holding the pressure.  
 
Someone suggested windshield-wiper hoses from an
automotive store.  Any comments?

_______________________________________________
SSLiveSteam mailing list
Send messages: [email protected]
Cancel subscription: http://postfix.45mm.com/mailman/listinfo/sslivesteam
Rules: http://www.45mm.com/sslivesteam_guide.html

Reply via email to