At 01:27 PM 11/30/06 EST, you wrote:
>Harry tells it like it is. I picked up a nice chunk of "bronze" at one of
my 
>favorite junk metal sites.  I can not begin to cut it with HSS tools. - John

       I'm not immuned to this either.  A few years ago at a surplus yard I
bought a stick of what they said was stainless steel, and it looked exactly
like SS.  It was big stuff too, far more than I needed, but the price was
right and it was perfect for large scale buffer heads and I figured I could
sell off what I didn't need.  I discovered real quick that it was not SS.
It turned out to be a rare military Iconel alloy which is essentially
unmachinable by amatuers even with carbide tooling so I now have a lifetime
supply of window sash weights.
      What I did was ignore one of the very first things I was ever told by
my first mentor, . . . don't use stuff (metal) unless you are sure what it is.

Regards,
Harry

_______________________________________________
SSLiveSteam mailing list
Send messages: [email protected]
Cancel subscription: http://postfix.45mm.com/mailman/listinfo/sslivesteam
Rules: http://www.45mm.com/sslivesteam_guide.html

Reply via email to