To all

I have been following this discussion on various brasses. I can
believe that many of us pick up brass from our local engineering works
and make small parts for our locos. I am a pensioner and have been
building models over long years and go for the free left overs from
industry. I confirm that one or the other turns up better than the
other and I'm sure we all turn copper with great respect just waiting
for it accelerate past your left ear if you try to take a too big a
cut. Hopefully to the left of left ear.  I wonder how many of us have
had one of our unidentified brass bits disintegrate or whatever over
the last, say 25 years? I certainly have had no problems and I don't
know anybody who has.  Am I just lucky and are there lots of
disintegrated  boilers out there or are we being over cautious about
our little kettles?    Are we perhaps exaggerating the "Belt and
Braces" world we live in?  I know of a case in which 4 stainless bars
were documented as being the same material. One of the bars was
magnetic!!  The documents were in order and the inspectors accepted
the bars. I think these days the documents are more important than the
metal.

Just thoughts running through my head.


Bert
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

_______________________________________________
SSLiveSteam mailing list
Send messages: [email protected]
Cancel subscription: http://postfix.45mm.com/mailman/listinfo/sslivesteam
Rules: http://www.45mm.com/sslivesteam_guide.html

Reply via email to